Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wednesday, May 1st

Shakespeare Project Self-Assessment and Reflection
1. Sophia reads her reflection example
2. Work Time to Finish?


***When you finish your reflection, do the following self-critique, annotating your essay as indicated.  REFINE your essay according to your own critique!

1. Highlight in YELLOW each TOPIC SENTENCE.

Ask yourself for each....

  • Is this topic sentence clearly stated?
  • Does everything in the paragraph relate to it?
  • Does it answer the prompt in an authentic way?


2. Highlight in BLUE where you are using specific anecdotal EVIDENCE.

Ask yourself....

  • Have I chosen the best examples for the claim I am making?
  • Are there other anecdotes that I am missing that could help me develop my point further?
  • Is my evidence ample and specific?


3. Highlight in GREEN your personal commentary or reflective ANALYSIS.

Ask yourself....

  • Have I explained my examples thoroughly?
  • Have I used my analysis (with evidence) to "prove" the claim made in my topic sentence?
  • Have I included sufficient reflection in a way that really develops my claim?

4.  Review the RUBRIC.  To what degree are you meeting the standards for this reflection?  REFINE accordingly!


If you are done with all of this AND your DP update, you could preview our next project and peruse the NPR This I Believe essay archive.