Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday, October 16

Starter: Make two new notecards: one that introduces your SLC and one that concludes it.  


  • INTRO: Welcome your parents and thank them for coming.  Share with them the Strengths Explorer results and answer the following questions: 
    • Who are you at home?
    • Who are you with your friends/peers?
    • Who are you at school?
  • CONCLUSION: Thank your parents and share with them your overall goals for this year.
    • Example:  Thanks so much for being here to support me in my growth, mom!  This year, I want to be more motivated, at home and at school.  I am going to spend less time on my gadgets, so that I can be more present with my family and friends!


SLC Peer Critique
  1. Groups of 3
  2. Practice your SLC, using your notecards for all your classes.
  3. Give each other feedback, using the rubric as a guideline.  For each person's presentation, jot down 2 things that are strong about the presentation, and two suggestions for refinement.


Reading Time: Mexican White Boy
Reading Guidelines and Dates
Through page 123 for tomorrow.  Continue to annotate and engage with the text.  Make connections!